Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Website Surprise!

I recently watched the four part webinar series about WordPress that is in the webinar archives on DearMyrtle's Genealogy Blog.  I watched the first part of the series out of curiosity about WordPress vs. Blogger.  I was immediately hooked and watched all of the webinars.  A huge 'Thank You' to Myrtle and Taneya Koonce for the wonderful webinars they did together.

After watching, I went to WordPress.com to see if upinthetree.wordpress.com was available.  Unfortunately, someone else already has that website.  I was not defeated because I had learned in the webinar series about  how WordPress.org works if you have your own domain name.

I spoke with my husband that night and told him that I was going to look into the costs of getting my own domain name.  The next day, I was completely surprised when he called to say that he had just purchased the domain name www.upinthetree.com.  Major husband bonus points and a few gold stars for him!!

I have spent the last week creating my new website and transferring my blog there.  Please join me at my new home - www.upinthetree.com!  If you have an RSS feed set up for my blog, you will need to update it with the new domain name.  Thank you so much for reading my blog and I look forward to seeing you at my new website.


No comments:

Post a Comment