My plan has several avenues of attack:
- Reorganizing my digital files
- creating a new library to put all files into so they are no longer separated between documents and photos
- having a standard naming convention
- adding citations to the comments section of the properties for each file
- checking that the digital files are referenced in my genealogy software
- Adding information to my genealogy software
- taking all of the paperwork that is in a box and adding it with citations
- going through my 3 ring binders to find any information that I have missed adding to my software
- Everything that is added to my genealogy software needs to be scanned and added to my digital genealogy folders (with citations of course)
- Again, going through the 3 ring binders to identify any documents that have not been scanned and get it done
I need to start attacking these for 15 minutes a day if it is ever going to get finished. Not too likely to happen since we have been so busy but it is a good goal to hit at least a couple of days a week. I am hoping to have a little more time starting in October.
All in all, a decent start to a HUGE project.